Call Now Button
- At Master Design Builders we diligently plan and implement every project the correct way. Our meticulous process ensures your project proceeds smoothly with minimal disruption or surprise to your day-to-day living.
- STEP 1 – BRIEF MEETING
- Principal, Jeff Pickering, will visit your home for a comprehensive obligation-free consultation. He will establish your exact requirements and expectations. You’ll be asked to discuss your specific concepts and individual needs, and he will offer advice and guidance. Jeff will discuss your plans and ideas and create an innovative, practical design that is right for your home, lifestyle, landscape and streetscape. You will then receive a general concept for your project. An indicative design concept will be sketched and a general cost guide provided. Jeff will then cover everything you’ll need to get the job done right, including all building options and required permits.
- STEP 2 – INITIAL CONCEPT (PDA1)
- Once the scope of the initial concept work is agreed upon, a brief preliminary agreement is drafted (PDA1). The initial sketched CAD drawings of the proposed works of your property is prepared, as well as an initial specification and general cost guide. Jeff will talk you through these concepts and address any questions, concerns or alterations to the plan you may have.!
- STEP 3 – DESIGN PRESENTATION (PDA2)
- On acceptance of the preliminary proposal and sketch drawings, a second agreement is drafted (PDA2). Once this agreement is accepted, detailed working architectural drawings are prepared along with specifications and engineer’s designs and Energy Report. An engineer will certify that the existing soil and structure is suitable for the new work. A one-off architectural design and engineering drawing fee applies to this agreement. The project is then fully priced and a firm quotation is provided for your consideration and acceptance. The final contract price will have the cost of the PDA1 and PDA2 agreements (already paid by the Client) deducted from the final amount payable.
- STEP 4 – BUILDING AGREEMENT
- Upon finalisation of the agreed design and cost of your project, we then formalise the agreement with the preparation of a building contract and detailed specification. An HIA contract for additions and renovations is provided along with a fully itemised specification of your project that has no extra hidden costs or surprises. The contract is then signed and a deposit paid. We then submit drawings and specification documentation to your local council and other authorities as required, and arrange all the necessary approvals and inspections. Once all documentation is completed, a building permit will be obtained and your building project can begin.
- STEP 5 – CONSTRUCTION
- Before construction commences Jeff will meet with you onsite to plan and explain the building process. All work will then be carried out in a proper and workmanlike manner in accordance with the plans and specifications set out in the contract. Jeff Pickering and the Master Design Builders’ team will ensure construction stays on track and that any potential issues that may arise are resolved accurately and promptly.