Are you at that time in your life when you need a larger home? But you love your neighbourhood and don’t want to move? Then a double story home addition might be the best option for you.
Why Adding a 2nd Story Might be a Good Idea
Maybe your family has expanded, you want to add on a guest room and/or bathroom – or maybe you want to move your master bedroom away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the house. There could be a multitude of reasons you need more space.
Whatever the reason for your expansion needs, adding a second story to your house could be the answer you are looking for – especially if you have built your life around the area, love the neighbourhood and don’t want to deal with hassle and cost of packing up and moving.
The other option is to expand outwards but there could be many reasons why you might want to go up instead, not least of all if you have a small section or don’t want to encroach on your outdoor space.
Going up instead of out usually works out cheaper too – but this will depend on the individual circumstances of your existing home.
What to Consider
If you are thinking of adding a second story to your home there are a few things you will want to consider before going ahead. Below are just some of the things you should think about:
- Is it viable financially – will moving be cheaper?
- Would it be better or more practical to go sideways?
- What council approvals and documentation will I need to proceed?
- How much will it cost?
- What will the design of the floor be and what do I want it to contain?
- How large an area can I get for my budget?
- What materials should be used in construction?
- Are my foundations strong enough for an extra story or will I have to re-enforce the walls and/or foundations?
And the list could go on, of course.
We don’t always expect to live in the same house forever. If you built 20 years ago and when you were first starting out, you may not have included luxury items that you’d like now.
These could include:
- Marble/Caesarstone Bench tops
- Ducted Vacuum Systems (Provided by our friends at Eagle Home Solutions)
- Home Alarm Systems
- Designer Lighting
- Hardwood Timber Flooring
- Choice of Evaporative Cooling or Reverse Cycle Air-Conditioning
Our building consultants can help you review extras and work with you to integrate the perfect home.
At Master Design Builders we take care of all of the details for you and work with your vision in mind. Our planning is meticulous and we have a very defined and thorough process that takes you from the design phase all the way through to completion.
The Master Design Builder’s team ensures work is done in the proper manner with the least possible impact on your daily life. And most of all, the team will cover every detail, every step of the way to provide a home extension experience that is as stress free as possible and that results in a well crafted, beautiful addition to your home.
Get A Free Double Storey Extension Quote
[contact-form-7 id=”651″ title=”Contact form 1″]